There was a time when the service of car detailing was only reserved for the wealthy. That all changed in the eighties when the car wash industry experienced fast growth. High-end detailing services were still often reserved for auto dealers, but with thousands of automatic car wash dealerships sprouting, owners were surprised by the continual demand for car detailing. Often reserved for the well-heeled, regular folks wanted to have access to more premium services that included car detailing.
Because so much goes into maintaining a car - oil changes, brake tests and spark plug replacements - we often forget about car detailing and the importance of it. Outside of the fact that your car will shine like a beacon, here are some other benefits:
- Protects the car’s paint. By removing stubborn stains and scum that a typical wash can’t remove, it protects the car’s surface.
- Prevents damage from road salt. This is particularly problematic if you live in harsh winter zones like the East or Midwest.
- Improves headlights. When dirt has layered onto the car’s headlights, this becomes a safety issue. Mild deposits of dirt and grime on your lights can reduce available light, creating dangerous conditions for nighttime driving or harsh weather.
- Safer wheels and tires. Oils, solvents, brake dust and other chemicals frequently make contact during normal drives which can have a negative impact on tires. A proper detail will not only keep them looking good, but it also reduces the risk of cracking in the sidewalls or failure of the wheels due to corrosion.
- Improves health. Your vehicle can carry many allergens, particularly with large families. Car detailing involves vacuuming and wiping surfaces with a cleaning agent, helping to remove germs.
- Increases resale value. By detailing a used vehicle prior to showing it to prospective buyers, a private party seller may be able to earn up to an additional $1,000 for the sale. A used car can be detailed for around $100, so it is a small investment that is easily recouped.
- Improves personal and professional image. In addition to your appearance, prospective employers or clients also look at your car. While a dirty car is usually not a deal breaker, it could leave a negative impression. This is particularly important if you are in sales.
Paradise Car Wash in Yorkville, Illinois is a full-service car wash and auto detailing center. We offer a wide variety of wash and detailing options, including pick-up and drop-off services for local customers. Your car will be next to new when we’re through. Call us at (630) 553-9274 for more information on all of our satisfaction-guaranteed services!